Pioneer PBS employees are talented, passionate and dedicated citizens who love the small towns and farming communities of this region. We embrace changing technology and move forward with creativity and humor. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Digital Media Specialist
Pioneer PBS is accepting applications for the position of Digital Media Specialist. This person will be responsible for maintaining the Pioneer PBS website, Facebook and other social media sites; uploading and archiving video; and issuing weekly station emails. Ideal candidates will have excellent writing skills, experience with social media marketing, knowledge of Google Analytics, graphic design and website development. Must work well as part of a content development team, under tight deadlines.
Minimum requirements: two years experience with website management or equivalent education and experience. Physical requirements: must be able to perform essential job functions.
Send resume and cover letter to HR, Pioneer PBS, 1 Pioneer Drive, Granite Falls, MN 56241 or email@example.com
- Creating ongoing content for the Pioneer PBS website and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds.
- Oversee weekly mass emails highlighting upcoming programs on PBS and Pioneer PBS.
- Upload videos to Pioneer PBS’s YouTube channel, Facebook page and PBS video platform.
- Track and report on social media usage in weekly staff reports.
- Maintain stylistic graphic consistency and quality control for the website and print materials.
- Design flyers for events and info sheets as needed.
- Stay current with trends and skills in web development.
- Work with a team to prepare and promote content for digital distribution.
- Work with peers at other Minnesota Public Television Association stations on collaborative projects as needed.
- Participate in Pioneer PBS events and station-wide projects.
Skills & characteristics for the ideal candidate for this position
- Ability to learn and work with programs such as Adobe Photoshop, PBS’s CMS (Bento), Google Ad Words and Google Analytics, Constant Contact and other software programs.
- Integrity to develop and maintain strong, trusting working relationships with Pioneer PBS staff and partner organizations.
- Positive attitude that inspires others and embraces teamwork and collaboration.
- Graphic design and research skills.
- Intuitive understanding of web technologies.
- Ability for independent thought, problem-solving skills and the foresight to involve others as needed.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Accuracy and reliability for exceptional attention to detail.
- Even temperament, especially when working under tight deadlines.
- Dedication to the mission of Pioneer PBS.
- Be a self-starter, show initiative.