Ginny on the Road
Pioneer people love getting out into the community! See what we've been up to recently. Check back here every other month for more pictures of Pioneer people in the community!
Pioneer in the Community
1 / 18
2 / 18
3 / 18
4 / 18
5 / 18
6 / 18
7 / 18
8 / 18
9 / 18
10 / 18
11 / 18
12 / 18
13 / 18
14 / 18
15 / 18
16 / 18
17 / 18
18 / 18
- Pioneer's digital media specialist Amanda Anderson attended a Digital Immersion Project conference at the PBS headquarters in Arlington where she participated in team building activities with colleagues from throughout the PBS system.
- One of many debates broadcast from Pioneer’s new studio in Granite Falls included Minnesota House District 8B candidates Gail Kulp-DFL (challenger) and Mary Franson-R (incumbent) of Alexandria and was moderated by SMSU associate professor of communications, Mark Fokken of Marshall.
- Prairie Sportsman host, Bret Amundson with celebrity hunter/angler/gardener/cook Hank Shaw and Matt Soberg.
- Helen Blue-Redner, director of the Echo Charter School with Pioneer’s community relations and social media specialist Esmeralda Hernandez.
- Pioneer board member, Paul Raymo and major gifts coordinator Sally Rakow, get ready to pitch the Beatles during our recent membership drive.
- Pioneer’s GM, Les Heen, with SWIF communications specialist, Marie Zimmerman at the Grow Our Own conference at SMSU in Marshall.
- Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the passage of the Legacy Amendment at the Southwest Minnesota Arts Council (SMAC) office in Marshall with Thomas Flynn, Sheila Smith, Krystl Louwagie, Paula Nemes, Caroline Koska, Nicole DeBoer and Becky Wyffels.
Pioneer’s Dylan Curfman braves the cold and wind on Otter Tail Lake to capture lake sturgeon tagging for an upcoming Prairie Sportsman episode.
- Pioneer’s videographer/editor, Kristofor Gieske and producer Dana Conroy, with Walter “Super” LaBatte at the St. Louis International Film Festival.
- Pioneer’s production director, Tim Bakken capturing footage at the Hawk Creek Lutheran Church for a new Pioneer special about churches, school houses and barns scheduled to premiere in March 2019.
- Pioneer’s videographer/editor, Kristofor Geiske, was there to capture the moment when the Pomme de Terre River was reconnected with its original channel below the Marsh Lake Dam near Appleton.
- Pioneer’s GM, Les Heen, interviews Teresa Peterson of Belview at the SWIF Grow Our Own conference.
- Pioneer’s videographer/editor, Dylan Curfman, in Baudette, the “Walleye Capital of the World,” on the shore of Lake of the Woods.
- Prairie Sportsman’s chef extraordinaire, Chef Curt, poses in his kitchen studio with Prairie Sportsman’s Tim Bakken, Dylan Curfman and Cindy Dorn.
- National Geographic photographer, Jim Brandenburg, returned to his hometown of Luverne for the Governor's Pheasant Opener, and to the “Touch the Sky Prairie,” which he helped preserve.
- Howard Fullhart, Fergus Falls DNR fisheries officer, describes the reintroduction of lake sturgeon to Red River tributaries.
- Pioneer’s videographer/editor, Dylan Curfman, with a gorgeous sunset over Lake of the Woods as a backdrop.
- Doug Ohman, host of Pioneer’s new special Landmarks, captures one of the many stories told by Mary Ann Froland about Hawk Creek Lutheran Church.